Course No. ED459i, ED559i
More than ever before, teachers need to understand how- and what- to assess when seeking to understand the learning of students in the classroom. As our schools and classrooms become more linguistically diverse, teachers will benefit from knowing what assessment methods will be the most accurate, effective, and useful tools for driving instruction and making placement decisions for ELL students. The text, Assessment and ESL, is a comprehensive guide to assessment of English language learners. This course will offer tools and suggestions for authentic assessment that will help both students and teachers to identify key areas of focus for instruction.
Required Text: Assessment and ESL: An Alternative Approach, is available for approximately $10 used at amazon.com
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Understand the unique issues involved in assessing ELL students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of assessment in student placement.
- Demonstrate understanding of a variety of assessment strategies for ELL students.
- Demonstrate understanding of current research in ELL assessment.
- Evaluate assessment, instruction, and educational environment for ELL success.
Text, Assessment and ESL: An Alternative, is approximately $10 from Amazon.com.
I really enjoy my experience taking this course; it has been a while since I have taken a class that is enticing, encouraging, and enjoyable as this course. I would recommend it to anybody in charge of a classroom.