Course No. CM402p, CM502p
Broaden your use of instructional tools through the use of your virtual classroom—Google Classroom. Google Classroom works by letting teachers create assignments, make announcements, and post questions for students. Google Classroom saves time, keeps classes organized, and improves communication with students. Teachers can attach documents from Google Drive, share videos, or share links to websites; they can set due dates for assignments and do assignment grading. Class announcements and discussions allow for direct communication in real-time so teachers can pose questions, or share anything else that is important to the class without waiting for the next class period.
This course will help teachers K-12 learn how to use Google Classroom to improve instruction and student engagement. Teachers in this course will create their own Google Classroom and implement one or more lessons with students. Collaboration with other teachers is also possible.
This course is applicable for any K-12 teachers and/or administrators who wish to better their technology skills. There is no textbook for this class; all references and materials are located on-line.
Please turn in individual assignments upon completion. Educators who are not currently teaching courses should contact the instructor to discuss alternate assignment possibilities.
Note: Google Classroom is now available to anyone with a personal gmail account. This course is open to all educators. If you do not have access to a Google Education account through your school district you can try Google Classroom. Sign up here!
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand how Google Classroom works and how to use it.
- Understand how to use Google Classroom in the classroom and general education environment.
- Be able to create classes, assignments, announcements, send emails, and share videos and links via Google Classroom
- Understand how Google Classroom will enhance collaboration both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Understand how Google Classroom increases productivity.
- Instantly apply knowledge acquisition.
There is no required printed textbook for this course. All required reading and resources are online