Course No. ED437P, ED537P
Dr. Seuss used his literature to deliver valuable life lessons such as being yourself, accepting others as they are, use of imagination and reflection, outlooks on success, treating others respectfully, spirituality, changing points of view, facing adversity, not bragging, as well as many other life concepts. Throughout this course participants will look for the deeper meaning which can be found in the works of one of the most popular childrenʼs authors. Elementary teachers can use this course to support their efforts for character education, developing an attitude for service and kindness to others. Participants will compile lists of Dr Seuss books and videos and will create lessons that enhance social and emotional learning in the classroom.
Text: Building Character in Schools: Practical Ways to Bring Moral Instruction to Life by Kevin Ryan and Karen Bohlin, costs range from $6-$26 depending on your choice of text.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
1. Have compiled a list of Dr. Seuss books and videos and identified which life lessons/concepts each demonstrates.
2. Understand and be able to communicate to students how these stories translate into life lessons in their own lives.
3. Have created usable lesson plans from the Dr. Seuss material included in this course.
4. Have researched other texts and movies/videos for content that can be used in the classroom and create useable lesson plans with them.
5. Have created hands-on activities that can be used across curriculum.
None beyond text costs.
Prof. Rzeznic's course was helpful and informative. He was quick to respond to any inquiries I had and to grade and credit me for my work. Very satisfied.
Thank you for a great class and for marking it as complete so quickly! I appreciate your fast feedback to finished lessons!