Course No. CM402r, CM502r
Give your students the power to access their reading assignments online and interact with text through questions and comments that lead to increased engagement. In Actively Learn, an online text reading platform built specifically for students and teachers, course participants can access a catalog with core content across all subjects or they can display their own PDF’s, Google Docs or web articles and be able to embed assignment questions, notes and responses to students. Your students will complete readings inside your Actively Learn space from their laptop, tablet or desktop computer. Educators in this course will learn how to use Actively Learn and will develop and implement several lessons that include the use of this platform.
Actively Learn is integrated with Google tools such as Drive, Docs, Classroom, and Gmail, and can be used for joint teacher projects.
This course is recommended for any K-12 teacher or administrator looking to better their technology skills and literacy in the classroom.
There is no textbook for this class, all references and materials are located on-line.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand how Actively Learn works and how to use Actively Learn.
- Understand how to use Actively Learn in the classroom and general education environment.
- Be able to create classes, create and assess assignments via Actively Learn.
- Understand how Actively Learn will enhance collaboration both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Understand how Actively Learn increases productivity.
- Instantly apply course learning to your professional situation.
All reading materials are done online.
My instructor Charity Staudenraus is awesome. This is the 5th or 6th class I have taken from her and she has done a wonderful job in each and every one. She responds to every assignment that I turned in and gives great feedback to all my questions. To tell the truth, I come back to the Heritage Institute to take classes from her. She is that good.
10th Grade Teacher