Course No. MA400n, MA500n
This course meets OSPI's STEM requirements.
Preschool teachers will learn how to teach activity centered, basic math concepts that meet national standards for early childhood students. It is possible for early childhood students to learn math skills in the areas of numbers and operations, algebra, geometry, measurement, and data analysis and probability. Learn how to translate these standards into developmentally appropriate lessons that can provide a foundation that will best support your students’ learning. Apply mathematics using a variety of simple methods that are effective and will keep students engaged. You will walk away with classroom tools and resources to further promote the importance of math in the early childhood classroom.
The textbook, More Than Counting: Preschool and Kindergarten, Standards Edition, by Sally Moomaw is available used at Amazon for approximately $11.00.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
Upon completion of this course, participants will have:
- Practiced using mathematics lessons to implement, promote, and meet the early childhood national standards at a developmentally appropriate level.
- Implemented standards based math lessons that are simple, effective, and engaging to early childhood student.
- Increased their understanding of each specific content standard in mathematics for the early childhood student.
- Expanded and increased their personal knowledge of Process Standards.
- Increased their understanding of universal design and its three important principles.
- Discovered, created, integrated, and directly applied ready-to-use classroom resources, lessons, and literature which support mathematics in their classroom.
Text, More Than Counting: Preschool and Kindergarten is available used at Amazon for approximately $11.00