Math & Science
Course No. Ed476p, ED576p
When your students describe math, do they say things like 'boring,' 'stressful,' and 'frustrating'? Do you wish they would say things like 'exciting,' 'interesting,' and 'engaging'? Math classes and curriculums lack in helping students make the connection between math done in the classroom and math in the real world. In her text Becoming the Math Teacher You Wish You'd Had: Ideas and Strategies from Vibrant Classrooms, Tracy Zager explores how to make math class more like mathematics in the real world.
Discover how big ideas such as risk-taking, mistakes, challenges, questions, reasoning, and more play a role in the math classroom. You will be surprised how easy it is to implement these strategies in the classroom, and you will see how much your students will grow as mathematicians!
This course is appropriate for educators who teach math in grades K-6.
Text: Becoming the Math Teacher You Wish You'd Had: Ideas and Strategies from Vibrant Classrooms by Tracy Zager. Amazon price: New: $52
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Revisited what mathematics is, what mathematicians do, and how this applies to the classroom
- Discovered concepts, skills, and strategies that support students in developing habits of mathematicians
- Explored various examples of how to implement these concepts, skills, and strategies in the classrooms
- Learned about equity and social justice in terms of math learning
- Examined and modiﬁed math lessons based on new learning
Becoming the Math Teacher You Wish You'd Had: Ideas and Strategies from Vibrant Classrooms by Tracy Zager. Amazon price: New: $52