Do you want to learn from your colleagues and have fun while earning professional development credits? Any Heritage Institute course can be registered for as a group. Collaborate with colleagues to develop new approaches and share diverse perspectives.
See how easy and convenient it is to register and work as a group by reviewing the drop down menues below.
Group Collaboration Guidelines
+/-Select a Group Leader
- First select a group leader.
- Your group leader will be the first one to register, providing names and email addresses of the other participants. Please submit an email address that each participant has used or will use with THI registrations.
- Groups are limited to four participants.
- Group collaboration participants must take the course at either the 400 or 500 credit Level. Clock hour or PDU levels are not permitted.
- Once the group leader has registered, a unique registration link will be sent to each member to register for the course.
- All members need to complete registration within 2 weeks after the group leader.
Group collaboration rules include:
- Each group member is requested to read and comply with the Group Collaboration Guidelines; a link to which will be available in the course page on the website.
- There should be a minimum of (4) four group meetings during which the course content is discussed. Teleconference or live meetings are acceptable. A good videoconference option is zoom (https://zoom.us/).
- Each participant must attend at least 75% of the group meetings (a minimum of 3 of 4 meetings)
- Group leaders have an area for entering meeting dates and times on their course page. This information can be viewed by each member and the instructor.
- All participants are to remain active in the group and are to complete the course at the same time.
- The group leader will select a group member for each assignment to show who is responsible for each assignment.
- Assignments are completed in our online environment, with postings submitted to the group space.
- Group members should post the assignments they author. Heading needs to include the author’s name.
- Group leader needs to submit all assignments to the instructor using the email provided in the syllabus.
- Each assignment heading should include:
1. Participant’s Name
2. Course No. & Title
3. Assignment No
4. Group Members Names: example- John Doe, Mary Smith & Kevin Jones.
- Download a copy of the Group Collaboration Document Form for Email courses.
Online & Email Assignments:
- If there is an Assignment #1 to “Introduce Yourself”, each participant must complete this assignment independently.
- Section A: Information Acquisition assignments may be divided up equally among group members.
- Section B: Learning Application Assignments may be divided up equally between group members; except, if there is a lesson creation and implementation assignment, each member must complete this individually.
- For each assignment, the person authoring the assignment leads the group discussion and incorporates the group member(s) ideas into the write-up.
- Each participant must submit his/her own unique Integration Paper.
- Instructors may alter these guidelines. Some instructors may be open to your suggestions regarding changes to these guidelines.
- You may join up to (3) three collaborations per calendar year!
- To receive continuing education quarter credit, all members must follow the guidelines and complete the course.
- For more information contact the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 360.341.3020.
You may download these Guidelines for later review here.