Course No. ED444V, ED544V
This transformative course for K-12 educators shows and explains, in concrete terms, winning techniques of master teachers. From their field notes and observations, Doug Lemov has compiled and named our common protocols and practices in his action packed book,Teach Like a Champion, which comes with a DVD as well. If you are a teacher who wants to improve your craft, then this course will give you the language and actions to do that. Change your teaching practice from ho-hum to extraordinary one day at a time. With these potent below-the-radar techniques from the masters, you too will separate yourself from the merely managing by stirring up an alchemy that transforms learning for yourself, your students and your colleagues.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Expanded their repertoire of daily techniques to include those practiced by great teachers.
- Acquired a common language for discussing best practice with support staff, colleagues, students, parents, and administrators.
- Uncovered techniques necessary to revealing the hidden talent in every student.
- Developed an inventory of print and video resources that support the equation of opportunity.
- Reflected on their own teaching routines to focus on bringing out specific, concrete, actionable master techniques each and every day.
- Customized and implemented in a learning environment, some of these winning techniques.
From the Campfire to the Holodeck: Creating Engaging and Powerful 21st Century Learning EnvironmentsISBN# 1118633938 by Thornburg, David Wiley-Interscience
Text, Doug. Teach Like A Champion, is approximately $3 from Amazon.com For those taking the course at the 500 level, you will purchase the additional book, "From the Campfire to the Holodeck", which is approximately $16 from Amazon.com
Teach Like A Champion was well worth the time and energy. Great class! Also, great feedback from the instructor.