Course No. ED449a, ED549a
Every single day we are bombarded with decisions. Do we choose the less enjoyable, better-for-me option or the more pleasurable alternative? Do students chose to turn in homework or do activities of their own choosing? A startling discovery is that willpower is depleted by usage. Some kids’ brains literally run out of willpower and not surprisingly so do adults’. Would you like to be able to help your students do much, much more in the classroom and learn about yourself at the same time? The big question is . . . can you teach this skill? It turns out that the neuroscience behind self-regulation can be taught.
Won’t you join me for this exciting class so you can find out how! This class will engage and excite you while you learn the science behind self-control. Through practical activities and dynamic reading, you will be able to make the connections between quality of life and willpower.
Appropriate for all K-12 teachers, coaches, and parents. Sign up today to transform ordinary students into students with a passion for learning and transform your personal ability to stretch your own willpower.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Found out where the power in willpower comes from.
- Understood why people feel like willpower failures.
- Defined and understand the neuroscience of “I will,” “I want,” “I won’t.”
- Taken a look inside what weakens our willpower and why our reserves are limited.
- Developed a plan to break old habits, conquer procrastination, manage stress, and focus goals.
- Developed strategies that can enhance learning for students who lack self-control.
- Developed a plan for understanding the role of paying attention and willpower.
- Discovered ways to help underachievers be more successful and gain more pleasure in school.
The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of ItISBN# 1583335080 by McGonigal, Kelly Kelly Mcgonigal
Text, The Willpower Instinct. How Self-Control Works, Why it Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More Out of It, is approximately $15 from Amazon.com.