Course No. ED471f, ED571f
Self-regulated learners use explicit strategies and skills to engage in their learning – they learn how to learn. Teachers and school professionals, who create a culture of student self-regulation in the classroom and school environment, encourage students to learn how to control their feelings, behaviors, and what they think about when they are learning. This course will motivate and encourage you to implement self-regulation strategies in your classroom. It will enable you to begin talking with your students about how they think about their learning.
This course is appropriate for teachers K-12, school counselors, school psychologists, and administrators.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Gained an understanding of the fundamentals of self-regulation and why our 21st-century students are more challenged in this area than in the past.
- Learned how to begin to foster an environment of self-regulated learners.
- Discovered what type of Learners your students may be and how to support each type of Learner.
- Gained an understanding of the ABC’s of self-regulation in learning and ways to Engage students effectively in Learning.
- Developed personal and classroom goals with your students and understand the goal feedback loop.
- Practiced ways in which homework can become Home-Study.
- Gained a deeper understanding of how to promote self-regulation in your classroom and implement some new activities to teach self-regulation.
Required text $33 on Amazon