Course No. ED478q, ED578q
Are you planning to attend at least one Academic Camp or Professional Development Workshop this year? This course is for you. It's open to teachers nationwide attending ANY Academic Camp or Professional Development Workshop related to your professional assignment. You can attend these sessions and earn three (3) Continuing Education Quarter Credits or 30 Washington Clock Hours or Oregon PDUs. Attending more than one event during the year? Then, contact the instructor.
This course is open to teachers nationwide who will be attending ANY Academic Camp/Workshop of their choosing throughout the year. Some examples of these types of camps and/or workshops are Math Camp, Science Camps, Language Arts Camps, PLC Workshops, Instructional Workshops, TAH Workshops, Gilder- Lehrman Workshops, NEH Workshops, etc. There are many national and local Academic camps/workshops available to teachers that focus on various aspects related to the development of their particular subject matter and/or discipline.
Often, these Academic Camps/Workshops have Professional Scholars lecturing on particular topics related to their discipline. Participants will have the opportunity to attend these lecture sessions and earn three (3) continuing education quarter credits or 30 Clock Hours/PDUs for attending an Academic Camp/Workshop of their choice.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.
- Have an understanding of academic philosophy and development.
- Have an understanding of methods for developing motivation in today’s student.
- Have an understanding of methods of developing leadership in today’s student.
- Have reviewed a variety of philosophies on academic development, motivation, and instruction by outstanding scholars in America.
- Be able to compare and contrast these different philosophies.
- Be able to develop their own philosophies.