Course No. ED444S, ED544S
Research has shown that art education provides challenges for students on all levels. This course is designed for teachers of all grades, K-12, with little to no art experience. Course readings and activities will provide educators with fun, creative, and ready-to-teach lessons that can be easily incorporated into the daily classroom routine. By providing an environment of discovery art can help support, and bridge the learning gap for student achievement. No art skill is required for this course.
Course readings and activities will include classroom art materials, recommendations for tools and supplies, art concepts – patterns, rhythm, primary colors, color blending, hot and cold color, shapes, line, texture, positive and negative space – art vocabulary, and Internet references,
This course will allow the classroom teacher to align the National Art Standards, State Art Standards and/or grade level learning expectations and easily integrate art skills into the daily curriculum.
$19-$35 for the two required texts available on Amazon.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.
- Learned how to incorporate art into the daily classroom curriculum.
- Selected and adapted visual art activities that will address the different levels, learning styles and abilities of students in the classroom.
- The basic skills and concepts of the seven elements of art.
- Learned how visual art skills apply to all classroom subject areas.
- Learned to understand the importance of visual art in students’ academic development: different learning styles, fine motor development, reading readiness, mathematical, geometric & patterning, hand-eye coordination, and social skills development.
- About how National and State Standards for Art can align with the daily curriculum.