Course No. ED466u, ED566u
The strategies in the book on which this course is centered book are divided into eight categories, including work for energizers, technology, vocabulary, and a section on Engagement Strategies that Don't Work!. Not only are the 79 possible strategies going to help engage your students, but you will find they will relieve any boredom you may be experiencing as well. Based on sound teaching strategies, you use the processes to get students involved with material you already planned to cover. No special equipment or preparation is usually required. Each section starts with key information to explain why that set of activities is valid and, often, needed to re-engage learners. There is plenty of variety to try with any class, teaching style and grade level. You will have fun selecting the best fit for your classes, and finding out just how to get the student engagement and focus that makes learning indelible and authentic.
Text is available used from Amazon for approximately $23.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Find ways to activate student involvement and thinking.
- Create activities that will engage students at the critical times at the beginning and end of lessons.
- Provide students some learning processes that are intrinsically rewarding.
- Reminders of "what not to do" in a special section
- Gain ideas to help students who need focused movement in their learning activities.
$23 plus shipping for text above, new, from Amazon.
This course was excellent! The assignments were easy to tackle while also being extremely helpful. I learned so much and enjoyed the process. I highly recommend this course for all educators.
1st Grade Teacher