Course No. ED466m, ED566m
FORMERLY: 10 NEW TECHNIQUES FROM TEACH LIKE A CHAMPION 2.0
In this course for Pre-K–12 educators, we will delve into ten (10) easy to implement techniques used by master teachers to Check for Understanding (CFU.) We also will focus on normalizing error and enhancing understanding by combining other champion techniques that work synergistically with the CFU ten. Field test CFU techniques in your very own learning environment. Observe and share the remarkable effects of these powerful practices with your colleagues. Become more effective with your routines, by improving how you check for understanding today.
NOTE: COURSE NUMBER AND TITLE CHANGE:
If you took the course ED457t, 10 New Techniques from Teach Like A Champion 2.0, you may not take this course.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Expanded their teaching repertoire to include ten (10) specific, actionable techniques to Check for Understanding.
- Uncovered other techniques that work synergistically with the CFU ten.
- Reflected on their teaching practices and routines with a focus on how to Check for Understanding.
- Customized and field-tested some of these CFU techniques in a learning environment.
- Created a learning environment that supports the everyday use of CFU techniques observed in the learning spaces of master teachers.
Text, Teach Like A Champion 2.0. 2015, is approximatley $16 used from Amazon.com. (A DVD accompanies the book)
This course has taught me how to check for understanding in ways that I never would have thought of or have done research on, on my own. Beginning this course, I was looking forward to learning at least two techniques on how to better check the understanding and comprehension of my students. However, not only did I learn two techniques, but I ended up learning ten! This was way beyond my expectation of the course because it is usually very hard to find key components of learning that stick with you if there are too many.
The instructor gave detailed and timely feedback as well as thoughtful insights that I will be able to incorporate into my lessons this school year.
7th Grade Teacher