Course No. ED466s, ED566s
In the latest edition of The Qualities of Effective Teachers, this expanded 3rd Edition, by James Stronge, affirms the special value of an effective teacher. The dimensions he adds to his research shows what is needed to teach at risk students and high ability students (or students who are both), and the realities of 21st Century teaching.
In this course you will learn the six vital indicators of effective teaching: Professional Knowledge, Instructional Planning, Instructional Delivery, Assessment, Learning Environment and Professionalism, which will give you the ability to orchestrate a vibrant learning environment that will delight your students. You will also find resources for self-examination and formal evaluations and become aware of red flags, as something now required in many state requirements for Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
This course is appropriate for teachers K-12 and administrators, and would be beneficial in a group collaboration setting. Course text is approximately $29 from Amazon.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
1. Information to validate their own personal and professional strengths and goals.
2. Timely information about the special qualities that help students at-risk and or high ability students.
3. A summary understanding of both positive qualities and red flags in key subject areas.
4. A powerful resource for ongoing inspiration and goal-setting.
5. Checklists of the qualities for informal or formal assessment on a 5-part matrix.
Text book available at Amazon, used for approximately $29.