Course No. CM401J, CM501J
SketchUp is one of the many free computer applications programs that are taking the professional 3D design world by force. It is a design program that allows the users to create 2D and 3D models. Students can learn the principles of good design while using some of the most cutting edge applications being developed and used professionally. Teachers and students are exposed to a design program that can spark the interest of their students in math concepts and applications, modeling concepts, game design modeling, architecture processes and methods, and engineering problem solving projects. This program has a host of applications for students of all grades and skill levels and can be used in a stand alone career and technical class or integrated into a variety of subjects.
Participants in this course will learn how to download and use the program, explore a number of websites that offer developed lesson plans, and create a SketchUp teaching unit for their class and grade level. There are no additional fees associated with this class.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
Upon completion of this course, participants will have:
- Learned how to download SketchUp onto their computer from the SketchUp Website.
- Developed a strong basic knowledge of all the tools found in this design program.
- A thorough understanding of, and ability to use, the Tutorials regarding this program.
- Explored the history and many uses of this program in education and the design industry.
- Created a classroom lecture/demonstration using SketchUp.
- Created a project based SketchUp unit to use in their classroom.
All materials are free online. There are no additional fees associated with this class.