Course No. ED433C, ED533C
This course is not offered as a Group Collaboration.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Understood how the arts are a brain developer.
- Understood why the arts constitute a major discipline.
- The evidence for the value of music to increase learning as well as social and emotional skills.
- Understood the contribution of visual arts and kinesthetic arts to our thinking skills, our inclusion strategies, and our motivation and self-discipline.
- Acquired the best way to handle assessment of the arts.
Text is available from Amazon.com for approximately $16
"Arts with the Brain in Mind opened my mind to the great importance of music and all artistic ability in peoples' lives because it grows your brain. I was sceptical when I first started reading, but study after study proved how much music enhances learning, beginning with pre-natal growth. Thank you, Mary Ann Johnson, for your immediate and positive responses to my assignments.
I loved this course, and am grateful for the opportunity to take it online, at my own pace. Thank you!
I enjoyed this course, thanks
11th Grade Teacher
This course has been eye-opening in that I didn't realize how important all of the arts are in overall learning. My interests have always been with art, but I now see the amount of brain growth that results from exposure to music, all forms of art, and physical movement. My students will be listening to music a lot more every day, which is key to better learning as well as improved connections to their emotions. My deepest thanks go to Mary Ann Johnson for all of her positive comments to my responses.
I enjoyed the material and found it relevant to my content area (art). The tuition was well-priced, the instructor was quick to respond to assignments, and the pacing was perfect for the busy life of a K-12 teacher.
12th Grade Teacher