Course No. ED448K, ED548K
If you are looking for a refreshing change of pace, this course is for you! Written by psychologist, Carol Dweck, Mindset, focuses on research that shows the view you adopt for yourself profoundly affects the way you live your life. This has huge implications for all educators and their students.
How can a simple belief have the power to transform thinking? Take this course to find out. With the right mindset, you can motivate kids, help raise their grades and accept more challenge. You will explore the concept of Fixed vs. Growth Mindsets. With lively You Tube videos to accompany different sections, you will be delighted with the high interest level of this course.
Transform ordinary students into students with a passion for learning. Better yet, take time to reflect on your own life and look at how you might stretch your own mindset. Appropriate for all K-12 teachers, coaches, and parents.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Understood what people think about intelligence and why people are different.
- Defined and understand fixed and growth mindsets and their effect on learning.
- Taken a look inside the mindsets and how students are able to change their mindset through the choices they make.
- Developed a plan to assist students focus on learning and development and not just on performance.
- Developed strategies that enhance learning and accomplishment.
- Discovered ways to improve IQ and uncover new knowledge about what changes intelligence.
- Developed a plan for self-control and creating change personally and in the classroom.
- Maximized your time in the classroom based on focused and knowledgeable planning.
- Discovered ways to help underachievers be more successful and gain more pleasure in school.
- Assisted students in minimizing setbacks and learning why both success and failure are necessary.
Text, MindSet, is approximately $10 from Amazon.com.
Brenda McKinney was a phenomenal instructor. I felt like I got more individualized treatment and feedback than most graduate courses I've taken. The class itself was relevant to my work, and her personalized feedback made it even more relevant. I really appreciated this experience.
9th Grade Teacher