Health, PE & Coaching
Course No. ED466f, ED566f
These days as the sun wanes, the industrial growing season is becoming shorter, which means each of us will be wanting to supplement our meals with more veggies. But how to begin? A decent place to start is by knowing what seasonal veggies to add to your daily meals. When you have a better idea as to what will sustain you, what you might buy from the local farmers markets, the local grocery or grow in your own garden or community garden with neighbors, then your meals will not only be more colorful but also more energizing. Learn more about plants and how they help us boost our energy. Support well being at your school and at home when you Pass the Veggies, Please.
Required Text: Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health, The Experiment; 1 edition. ISBN-13: 978-1615191468. $14.95 Available from the bookseller of your choice. Required Movie: Forks Over Knives: the Film. Free from Netflix, Amazon, and your local library.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Set perceptions at a starting point that resonates with course concerns and personal mood & learning ambitions.
- Learned, from experts in the field, about health benefits from a plant- strong diet.
- Gathered more data and opinion, from an online panel discussion, to support a personal orientation that includes incorporating more veggies in each recipe/meal.
- Modified and consumed personal lunches that are more plant-based.
- Discussed with other interested parties how to inspire, promote and integrate concepts from this course into existing curriculum.
- 400/500 level: Developed a sequence of 3-5 lessons ( a unit or unit segment) that showcase new learning from this course. Planned and presented a pilot program for a Teaching Kitchen at school.
- 500 level: Chosen and completed 2 assignment options that deepen understanding of eating plant-based.
Forks Over Knives, How Not To Die, Cookbook and Plant Based Cookbook For Beginners 4 Books Collection SetISBN# 9123839775 by Gene Stone, Dr Michael Greger M.D., Iota, Forks Over Knives by Gene Stone, 978-1615190454, 1615190457, 9781615190454, How Not To Die by Dr Michael Greger M.D., 978-1509852505, 1509852506, 9781509852505, The How Not To Die Cookbook by Dr Michael Greger M.D., 978-1529010817, 1529010810, 9781529010817
Course text: Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health, by Gene Stone is approximately $8.60 from Amazon.com. The text also is available at local libraries for free.