Health, PE & Coaching
Course No. ED466f, ED566f
With the slow and steady rise of the price of groceries in every market on the planet, it's a grand time to invite more veggies to your table. Colorful nutritious veggies are happy to grace your plate or bowl, sit in your hand, or smile incognito from within your shake. Step right up to learn more about the amazing powers of plants to boost your energy, quench your appetite and freshen your mood. Sign on here; support well being at school and at home when you Pass the Veggies, Please!
Required Text: Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health, The Experiment; 1 edition. ISBN-13: 978-1615191468. $14.95 Available from the bookseller of your choice. Required Movie: Forks Over Knives: the Film. Free from Netflix, Amazon, and your local library.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Set perceptions at a starting point that resonates with course concerns and personal mood & learning ambitions.
- Learned, from experts in the field, about health benefits from a plant- strong diet.
- Gathered more data and opinion, from an online panel discussion, to support a personal orientation that includes incorporating more veggies in each recipe/meal.
- Modified and consumed personal lunches that are more plant-based.
- Discussed with other interested parties how to inspire, promote and integrate concepts from this course into existing curriculum.
- 400/500 level: Developed a sequence of 3-5 lessons ( a unit or unit segment) that showcase new learning from this course. Planned and presented a pilot program for a Teaching Kitchen at school.
- 500 level: Chosen and completed 2 assignment options that deepen understanding of eating a plant-based diet.
Forks Over Knives Cookbook, Forks Over Knives, Plant Based Cookbook For Beginners 3 Books Collection SetISBN# 9123858788 by Del Sroufe, Gene Stone, Iota, forks over knives the cookbook 978-1615190614 1615190619 9781615190614, forks over knives 978-1615190454 1615190457 9781615190454
Course text: Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health, by Gene Stone is approximately $8.60 from Amazon.com. The text also is available at local libraries for free.