Health, PE & Coaching
Course No. ED466f, ED566f
With the slow and steady rise in the price of groceries at every market on the planet, it's an opportune time to invite more veggies to your table. Colorful nutritious veggies are happy to grace your plate or bowl, sit in your hand, or smile incognito from within your shake. Learn more about the amazing powers of plants to boost your energy, quench your appetite and freshen your mood. Sign up now to support well being at school and at home: Pass the Veggies, Please!
Required Text: Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health, The Experiment; 1 edition. ISBN-13: 978-1615191468. $14.95 Available from the bookseller of your choice. Required Movie: Forks Over Knives: the Film. Free from Netflix, Amazon, and your local library.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Set perceptions at a starting point that resonates with course concerns and personal mood & learning ambitions.
- Learned, from experts in the field and personal experiences, about health benefits from a plant- strong diet.
- Gathered more data and opinion, from an online panel discussion, to support a personal orientation that welcomes more veggies at each meal.
- Modified and consumed meals that are more plant-based.
- Discussed with others how to inspire, promote and integrate learning from this course into existing or new curriculum.
- 400/500 level: Developed a sequence of 3-5 lessons ( a unit or unit segment) that showcase new learning from this course. Planned and suggested a pilot program for a Teaching Kitchen for learners of all ages.
- 500 level: Chosen and completed 2 assignment options that deepen understanding and the ways and means of how to eat a lower carbohydrate plant-strong diet.
Course text: Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health, by Gene Stone is approximately $8.60 from Amazon.com. The text also is available at local libraries for free.