Course No. ED467d, ED567d
Students see right through us when we’re not being ourselves. Standing in our authentic self is the personal foundation of good teaching, no matter what level or subject or across all personality types. In this course for all teachers K-12, we will draw upon the work of two noted educator/writers, Parker Palmer, and researcher/author, Brene Brown, to help participants explore what may be getting in the way of being fully themselves. You will learn steps that you can take to reclaim your personal power. A choice of Brene Brown books will run less that $15 used on Amazon.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
1. Discovered rich resources that support a journey of personal transformation.
2. Developed a new way to talk and think about feelings and fears, many that have been hidden
3. Analyzed vulnerabilities and exposed them while discovering our own courage.
4. Developed a personal commitment and plan that becomes part of the daily walk.
5. Woven positive brain changes into your own habits and thinking.
6. Realized that the need to take this journey about the power of you is innate in all of us and seeking a collective transformation is part of personal change.
ISBN# 9124104701 by Brené Brown, Braving the Wilderness By Brené Brown, 978-0812985818, 0812985818, 9780812985818, The Gifts of Imperfection By Brené Brown, 978-0593133583, 0593133587, 9780593133583
Brenda was amazing! I feel refreshed after completing this course!
This course was amazing! Thank you for providing things that can help us be better people so we can be better teachers!
Brenda gave of herself authentically and fully and met us with compassion. She supported and challenged my thinking. Thank you!
Thank you so much for one of the best classes I have ever taken!!!
This course exceeded my expectations. One of many great things about Brenda McKinney's classes is they are always the perfect intersection between what I need personally to be my best, and what I need professionally to be the best teacher I can be. Each of her courses is carefully crafted to provide a wealth of materials to select from, the assignments are thought-provoking and relevant, and her feedback is off the charts. She's supportive, encouraging, timely, thought-provoking, and shares herself freely so that you feel you have her right there with you. I can't recommend her classes highly enough.