Course No. ED459L, ED559L
Classroom Culture is a magical mix with no recipe and yet it is the special sauce for optimal student learning. Continue to develop your mastery as you inspire a friendlier school culture by encouraging what works while building intellectual character. Revisit 8 Familiar Forces: Expectations, Language, Time, Modeling, Opportunities, Routines, Interactions and Environment. By asking these forces for guidance and assistance, you will be more effective in your everyday rhythms and relationships and you will find yourself curating that culture of thinking everyone values and that values everyone.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Revisited the 8 Familiar Forces which create, sustain and enhance group culture: Expectations, Language, Time, Modeling, Opportunities, Routines, Interactions and Environment.
- Imagined and visualized how to use classroom culture, as a shaper of students' development as powerful thinkers and learners, to inspire the personal, professional and planetary upgrade.
- Collected an inventory of stories, practical guidelines, self-assessments, case studies, inquiry projects and other resources that inspire and guide the facilitation of cultures of thinking.
- Customized and implemented in a learning environment, one supportive practice gleaned directly from any of the forces.
- Reflected on their own classroom culture and considered how to strengthen and curate its culture of thinking with the guidance of the 8 Familiar Forces.
Text, Ritchhart, Ron. Creating Cultures of Thinking. 2015. Is approximately $16 from Amazon.com
I found Mrs. Bora's class to be quite interesting. It made me think a lot about my delivery of information to students. Her class also presented a variety of ideas to try out in the classroom. On a personal note, Mrs. Bora was very receptive to my needs. She even gave me insight into some of my questions and things to try differently within the classroom. I was very happy using this online edition and highly recommend Mrs. Bora and this class.
8th Grade Teacher