Course No. ED463s, ED563s
How often as professionals do we get to simply read for pleasure and inspiration in ways that enrich our lives and our work? And what are our youth reading today which is both constructive and engaging? In this course for all teachers K-12, you may select from a wide range of reading lists, such as Goodreads, NY Times best sellers, Bill Gates reading list—and many more, to choose the books that suit your personal and professional needs. We will also reflect on the importance of enjoyment to better engage our students in productive reading. Text(s) cost depends on choice of books.
“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.” – Dr. Seuss
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Learned about the benefits of reading for pleasure.
- Delved into the neuroscience of how the brain reacts during and after reading.
- Educated themselves about the importance of reading for pleasure for all ages.
- Explore why students tend to read for pleasure less as they get older
- Experienced the process of reading for pleasure and inspiration.
- Enjoyed a good book or two!
Text(s) cost depends on choice of book(s).
Suzanne was great, and this class was fantastic. It was fun to pick books and write papers about them--a good re-energizing activity for my summer!
6th Grade Teacher