Education, Language Arts
Course No. ED478f, ED578f
Nationwide, only a quarter of 8th and 12th graders are proficient in writing compared to nearly three-quarters who are proficient in reading (NAEP). It’s time to change that.
It is through our experience of being a student that we are better able to empower our own. Join this class to reconnect with writing! In a fun and supportive environment, you will write informal and formal pieces, demystify the writing and editing process, and take numerous activities into your classroom to reignite the passion for writing. A nourishing and transformative course for any educator in grades 6-12.
There are two choice books that you will be required to read. One is for storytelling & craft, and the other is for creativity. A provided list for each assignment is available.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.
● Learned various strategies to make writing engaging and enjoyable
● Made informed editing choices by honing their drafting and revision process
● Applied concrete steps for increased creativity and self-compassion
● Submitted a piece of their writing to a literary journal or website
● Created an engaging unit with at least three new writing lessons to use in their classroom