Course No. SC418z, SC518z
"If we have lost control over our relationship with smartphones, it is by design. To ensure that our eyes remain firmly glued to our screens, our smartphones – and the digital worlds they connect us to – internet giants have become little virtuosos of persuasion, cajoling us into checking them again and again – and for longer than we intend. Add it all up and North American users spend somewhere between three and five hours a day looking at their smartphones." - Eric Andrew-Gee
In the words of Simon Sinek, "I love technology. I think there is nothing wrong with technology. It is about the balance." This course is designed to help you find that balance for yourself and access new resources to share that balance with your students. The written text is Disconnected by Thomas Kersting which is available via Amazon or Barnes & Noble for $9.99 and additional materials are available at no charge online. This course is recommended for Pre-K-12 educators.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- A solid understanding of the science behind our obsessive need to check our devices.
- Knowledge of the apps, programs, etc. available to help us reduce screentime.
- A deeper appreciation for time spent being present.
- Working knowledge of the resources available for educators to discuss this issue with students, educators, and parents.
- Options for mitigating our screentime and maximizing our connections with ourselves and others.
This book is currently available from Amazon or Barnes & Noble in paperback for $9.99, or check out your local library.