Course No. ED465b, ED565b
The great wisdom traditions of the world as well as our own life stories point to the virtue in adversity. The obstacles and difficulties in our lives can test and bring forth our greatest potential, leading to self-knowledge, courage and great achievement. Educators in this course will view two movies, several TED Talks, and read two books about overcoming adversity from an Amazon and Goodreads list or list selected by your instructor. You’ll use the reading/film/Ted Talks list to reflect on the trials and successes of your own life, and will explore how the themes discussed in the course might be brought into your professional situation. You will be inspired, motivated, and find healing in the journey. This course is appropriate for all K-12 educators.
Price for used novel choices on Amazon depends on selections.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.
- Understood and explored how your personal experiences have empowered and changed you.
- Defined and allowed you to take an honest look at the challenges, the vulnerabilities you experienced and the strength you have developed.
- Read and experienced stories of transformation that allowed you to rethink your own stories or life lessons you might have missed.
- Discovered rich resources and a plan to draw upon that exemplified for you what is needed for your own personal journey to overcome adversity.
- Maximized and focused on how to build cognitive capacity and emotional stability in balancing and honoring your own unique experience and journey.
- Realize that the need to take this journey of discovery is innate in all of us and seeking a collective transformation is a part of change.
- Explored how to bring very specific everyday positive experiences that allowed your brain to change and create new neural networks.
- Woven positive brain changes into your own habits and thinking embracing the belief that every minute counts.
- Discovered ways to assess your own abilities in the areas of coping, finding inner success, and creating a wellness package for yourself.