Course No. ED470o, ED570o
Humans have an incredible capacity for happiness but many hold tight to negative thinking. This limits growth, an ability to find passion or motivation, and quite simply, an inability to see the opportunity in tomorrow. It’s important to understand the science behind your evolutionary bias for hanging on to negative experiences. Did you know, there is a specific part of your brain, the amygdala, that is responsible for how you respond to situations and experiences?? Neuroscience has shown our ability to concentrate on happy thoughts depends the amygdala response. The goal of this course is to teach you how to train your mind to cultivate happiness and recognize when the brain is lying to you. Hardwiring Happiness introduces a powerful four step process, H E A L, that uses the hidden power of everyday choices to teach you how to create new neural structures that eventually lead to new habits. HEAL is also appropriate for all classroom and brings an exciting new element to social learning. It’s exciting to know that your brain never stops growing and having the opportunity to retrain your brain with accessible and easy steps to bring about increased contentment and peace is a beautiful outcome. Hardwiring Happiness is a course that could change the course of how you live your life and deepen your understanding of what it means to live in happiness. Please join me today.
Text is Hardwiring Happiness used from $3.95, $15.63 new from Amazon. ISBN: 978-0-385-34731-0. Also available as an eBook. Having a hardcopy is highly recommended.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Understand biological wiring and predisposition to having a negative brain
- Learn how happy and sad thoughts are dictated by your brain and how you should respond
- Delve into the science behind why it is so difficult for us to really bask in the good things that happen, and why we immediately hold tight to the negatives
- Discover training for your brain that will teach you how to embrace the positive
- Develop a user-friendly tool kit to expand feelings of happiness while identifying and responding to positive input
- Learn to erase years of negative and traumatic experiences and overcoming fear
- Learn about the power of journaling, gratitude meditation, morning activities to set your brain
- Research about how to HEAL children and bring your own experiences to the classroom
I found helpful the activities, the videos, and all your feedback. Thanks for all your comments, suggestions, and activities you gave me. I felt that I was reading comments and advice from a friend, not a teacher. Bravo! You try to know your students and make connections with them, and with me, you did it!