Course No. ED472k, ED572k
(THIS COURSE IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE REGISTER FOR ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP 2022 #2 - ED474O)
This course is open to teachers Nation Wide who will be attending ANY Academic Camp/Workshop of their choosing throughout the year. Some examples of these types of camps and/or workshops are Math Camp, Science Camp, Language Arts Camp, PLC Workshop, Instructional Workshop, TAH Workshop, Gilder- Lehrman Workshop, NEH Workshop, etc. There are many National as well as local Academic camps/workshops available to teachers that focus on a variety of aspects related to the development of their particular subject matter and/or discipline.
Often these Academic Camps/Workshops have Professional Scholars lecturing on particular topics related to their discipline. Participants will have the opportunity to attend these lecture sessions and earn three (3) continuing education quarter credits or 30 Clock Hours/PDUs for attending an Academic Camp/Workshop of their choice.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Have an understanding of academic philosophy and development.
- Have an understanding of methods for developing motivation in today’s student.
- Have an understanding of methods of developing leadership in today’s student.
- Have reviewed a variety of philosophies on academic development, motivation, and instruction by outstanding scholars in America.
- Be able to compare and contrast these different philosophies.
- Be able to develop their own philosophies.
Text cost depends on the book you choose.