Course No. ED442W, ED542W
This independent study course focuses on practical solutions for the day-to-day frustrations and challenges common in today’s classroom. Love and Logic is a highly regarded approach that will:
- Teach students to think for themselves.
- Raise student level of understanding.
- Prepare students to function in a society filled with temptation, decisions and consequences.
- Put the teacher in control.
Ultimately, the result is a more cohesive classroom – one where students enjoy learning, discipline is reduced, and more teaching can occur every day. This class is appropriate for teachers of grades K-12.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Understand the concepts of love and logic and its four key principles.
- Know how teachers’ attitudes and responses affect their students’ successes.
- Understand how to maintain control of their classrooms, while still allowing student choice and responsibility.
- Be able to create clear rules and guidelines for their classroom, with natural consequences that are comprehensible to students.
- Understand of how to create a classroom of responsible students – responsible for their learning and responsible for their behavior.
- Be able to create a more respectful, caring, productive classroom with minimal effort.
Text, Teaching with Love & Logic, is available is approximately $18 at Amazon.com
I thoroughly enjoyed the Love and Logic class. I found the content applicable to my first grade classroom and I can see that it would hold the same value in a higher grade. My instructor was extremely easy to deal with and immediately answered any questions I had. Thank you for a great experience!
1st Grade Teacher