Counseling & Special Ed
Course No. ED456T, ED556T
In this course you will acquire skills that will help you work successfully with colleagues who behave in challenging ways and make communication difficult. You will discover the 10 specific behaviors that represent people at their worst as well as underlying causes that can trigger these behaviors.
We will discuss and learn strategies that will equip you with the skills to communicate with all personality types and understand how to bring out the best in people when they are at their worst. In addition, you will gain deeper insight about yourself and your work, helping you to become more centered and more satisfied with yourself and your career.
This course is appropriate for teachers, administrators and support staff, grades K-12.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Learned about the 10 behaviors that represent people at their worst.
- Gained an understanding of what can provoke challenging behavior.
- An understanding of how to survive challenging colleagues through skillful communication.
- Learned how to ‘listen to understand’ for more successful communication.
- Learned how to ‘speak to be understood’ and maximize your time with proper communication.
- An understanding of how to bring out the best in people when they are at their worst.
- An understanding of successful communication when phone or technology is involved.
Dealing with People You Can’t Stand, Revised and Expanded Third Edition: How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their WorstISBN# 0071785728 by Rick Kirschner, Rick Brinkman McGraw-Hill Education
The course text, Dealing with People You Can’t Stand: How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their Worst, is available new or used from Amazon for about $2 plus shipping.