Course No. ED437J, ED537J
Knowledge of research in brain based gender differences is one of the best tools a teacher can have. Now is the time to explore this timely topic!! Discover differences between the male and female brain that will transform how you teach and communicate. Explore teaching and learning strategies developed through current brain research and focused on gender differences as related to effective learning, interpersonal communication, motivation, and self concept.
No matter what age level you teach, you will want to take this class. This course was designed to help you create and adapt activities, games, rituals and other learning innovations based on how boys and girls brains work best and what they need at different stages of school life. Your knowledge of research in brain based and gender based research will show you how to optimize each child’s learning abilities and also will help to reduce the number of children labeled as discipline problems, slow learners, or attention deficit.
This course will provide practical assistance in your efforts to design the ultimate classroom and you will leave knowing how to put these ideas into action in your classroom. Expect a life-changing experience!
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- An understanding of brain and gender based differences in anatomical structure, neurological development, and the chemical and hormonal climate in growing boys and girls.
- Enhanced knowledge of the reason for many discipline problems.
- An increased understanding of the roles of reading/writing/math/science and why boys or girls tend to do better in these areas.
- A chance to explore the current crisis in the US from lack of proper nutrition and physical activity.
- Learned how to combine structural innovations at the school level with the gender specific innovations needed in the classroom.
- Create innovations that will change the way you teach and ultimately, the children in your classroom.
Text, The Boys and Girls Learn Differently Action Guide for Teachers, is approximately $14.95 from Amazon.
Thank you, Brenda! This was an excellent class, and I learned a ton! Thank you for your quick feedback and inspirational messages. You are amazing!
4th Grade Teacher