Course No. ED474s, ED574s
Are you looking for practical ways to reach all of your student's diverse needs? This class will allow you to empower your students to become stronger leaders in their learning. Zaretta Hammond’s book, Culturally Responsive Teaching and The Brain: Promoting Authentic Engagement and Rigor Among Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students, will engage you in a powerful, concise, easy-to-read, and classroom-relevant text. You will learn how to integrate culturally responsive pedagogy, equity, and brain-based learning to promote authentic engagement and rigor in your classroom. A POWERFUL COMBINATION!
The course is PERFECT for teachers to collaborate on their pedagogy and bring about change in their classrooms and is appropriate for grades P-12, including teachers, para-educators, counselors, and other support personnel.
The course text, Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain, by Zaretta Hammond, is approximately $33.00 at Amazon.
Educators who are not currently teaching should contact the instructor for alternative assignments.
|We advise you to review and download the course syllabus before registering.||Syllabus|
- Explored and become familiar with culturally responsive teaching.
- Explored and become familiar with equity issues that arise in schools.
- Explored and became familiar with brain-based learning.
- Viewed their school, classroom, and students through an “equity lens.”
- Grown as a culturally responsive teacher in knowledge and application in the classroom.
Text approximately $33.00 from Amazon.