July 16-18, 2019
Menucha Retreat Center, Corbett, OR
Let’s unplug, de-stress and share together, at the lovely Menucha Retreat & Conference Center near Portland, Oregon, as we transition from the old school year into a new one with hope and renewed energy. This two-day retreat for educators will be a time to connect deeper with ourselves and our calling; let go of old stress and gain lots of strategies plus new friendships which will sustain us personally and professionally as we move forward.
Your facilitators, Mike Seymour, Brenda McKinney & Charity Staudenraus, are well-known Heritage Institute instructors whose combined backgrounds will make this event so special.
We Will Cover:
Using meditation and mindfulness to relieve stress, stay connected and brighten the mind both for you as an educator and, in simple steps, your students.
* Keeping a written journal of your inner and outer life as a way to deepen
self-awareness and knowledge.
* Brain-based science in mental and physical health,and its role in getting centered
in the best of who we are.
* Great energizers during those sluggish moments at home and school.
* Dealing with distractions (mobile devices, TV, food) of all kinds that keep us
from staying grounded more in ourselves.
* Awareness and being more present to ourselves, family and students.
* Pathways to find a new peace and joy.
* Strategies to take back to home and school.
All participants will join an online forum where we can share before the retreat, and that provides a space for the pre-retreat assignments required for both clock hour and credit participants.
This retreat expresses the unique role that The Heritage Institute plays in serving the well-being of teachers as PD providers. We teach who we are.
For additional Information regarding Renewing Ourselves prerequisites, credits, location and schedule, please click the link below.
* Registration here is just for the retreat, which includes either Clock Hours or PDUs
for those not wanting credit.
* Teachers desiring credit will sign up here for 2 continuing education quarter credits
for an additional $90.
|We advise you to review and download a summary of the course syllabus before registering.||Summary|
None beyond retreat tuition.
You Might Also Be Interested In
Course No. ED467d, ED567d